Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's Amazing...

It's amazing to me the things that my students go through by the age of 14. I can't imagine being afraid for my mother. I can't imagine being asked to hold drugs for someone in MIDDLE SCHOOL. I can't imagine the stress my students are put through at home and then be expected to come to school and act as if nothing happened! I thought home was supposed to be a place of nurturing, of discipline, and of love. That's my ideal - and all I can do is pray that my students understand that through me if they don't get it at home.

The way that a parent can completely mess up a child's mind is incomprehensible for me. The children I come to work for day in and day out are so precious to me, and I cannot imagine putting them through the bulls#*t that some of these parents do. I guess that doesn't just happen in urban, low-income homes though. It is apparently something that goes on, unbeknown to so many of us who have stable family lives.

I wish I had a magic wand...I want to make it all better. I want all of my kids to be happy and healthy...they can't be happy all the time, but at least they could be most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment