Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tears of Joy

Earlier today as I was thinking about all of my frustrations, I had planned to write about those things that I am continually stressed and amazed by. After my first parent conference of the night, I am blessed to have my eyes opened.

I met a mother today at report card conference who, until this meeting, I had never met her. As she looked at her son's report card, and the major improvements that he has made in his grades and effort, she began to cry. She was so happy to see that he had been trying, and my student left with the biggest smile on his face! "This is all mommy asks for, right?" she said as she sat there and spoke with him, looking at his report card. This is one of those, "Aha!" moments where I feel like my work has paid off. This is a student who has come so far in terms of social interaction, responsibility, and anger management. I can only hope that some of it had to do with me.

Most of the time when I have report card conferences, I end up with children crying, and parents who are unhappy with their offspring. So far so good! I am overwhelmingly happy to see tears of joy running down a mothers face because she is proud of her child. Those same tears almost fell as I sat there next to them because I am proud of my student.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, tears of joy from me to you Em! What a great way to start my day=) Thanks, Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete